A one day introduction to Kubernetes.
Kubernetes is an open source orchestration system for container based distributed applications. Originally created by Google based on principles from its internal orchestration system (e.g Borg), Kubernetes is now developed on GitHub, it provides several level of fault-tolerance, scalability and useful primitives that go beyond the single container concept.
What you will learn ?
This one day course serves as a crash course to learn the basics of Kubernetes. You will learn its architecture and how to deploy it. You will then learn how to use its basic primitives (i.e pods, replication controllers and services) to build your own distributed application. The course will be a mix of lectures, demos and hands-on exercises.
Sebastien Goasguen is the author of the O’Reilly Docker cookbook. As a member of the Apache Software Foundation he has contributed to CloudStack and Libcloud as well as many other open source projects. As a former professor he has taught several hundred hours of courses in distributed computing, high performance computing, network security and cloud.
The course is organized in four sections of approximately 2 hours each.
- Review/pre-requisites on containers and orchestration
- Kubernetes architecture and deployment scenarios.
- Kubernetes primitives and API
- Running distributed application on Kubernetes
- 8:30 am Breakfast
- 9:00 Start
- Container basics (i.e Docker, rkt, runC).
- Intro to container orchestration (i.e Docker swarm, Mesos, Rancher)
- 10:30 break
- K8s Architecture
- K8s deployments (i.e local, cloud, skippbox)
- 12:30 -13:30 pm Lunch
- K8s networking
- K8s primitives (i.e pods, replication controllers, services)
- Using kubectl
- K8s API
- 3:30 -4:00 pm break
- Kubectl tips and tricks (i.e proxy, port-forward, exec, logs)
- Introduction to deployment manager and Helm
- Introduction to k8s dashboard
- 6:00 pm Adjourn
We run both in-person courses (in London) and online instructor led courses.
Contact us at email@example.com
Or visit our public courses schedule: http://skippbox.eventbrite.com